Sunday, December 4, 2016

Time POY

Time Magazine will be announcing their annual Person of the Year on Wednesday, December 7th. In the past, I have been acknowledging and showcasing this choice by tweeting about it and / or featuring them on my Facebook page.

This year, the popular choice (with 18% of the votes) for Person of the Year (from among the various candidates with Person of the Year moments) is the Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. However, if history is any indication, I am sure that Time will name Donald Trump as their POY.

I am sorry, I cannot bring myself to "celebrate" the announcement of Donald Trump as POY. As a result, I will (in all likelihood) not be featuring Time's choice with a tweet.

I hope (against hope) that Time proves me wrong and elects any other worthy candidate.

No comments: